Want to take time away but you’re under a time constraint? Here are a few places you can go for the day or longer that are nice for vacations or a day trip and won’t interfere with that dreadful time limit.
- Elk Water. Elk Water is just short of an hour away. It’s a beautiful place to camp for the weekend or even go for the day. They have free minigolf, a relaxing beach and biking/hiking trails with lots of trees. These camping stalls fill up quickly so be sure to book or reserve ahead of time! Find more information here: http://www.albertaparks.ca/cypress-hills/information-facilities/camping/elkwater/
- Reesor Lake. Reesor is lush with trees, sun and shade. If you want to take time away to go camping or hiking with little distraction this may just be the place for you! Reesor is also a beautiful alternative to Elk Water and are conveniently just a short drive apart. Look for more information here: http://www.albertaparks.ca/cypress-hills/information-facilities/camping/reesor-lake/
- Nikka Yuko Japanese Gardens. This trip is a little further away but you can still make it a day trip. Behold, the Nikka Yuko Japanese Gardens in Lethbridge, Alberta. In the spring all the flowers are in bloom and you can even take part in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. Celebrate Japanese culture with their special events as well. More information available here: http://www.nikkayuko.com/index.asp
- Etzikom Museum and Historical Windmill Centre. Only an hour away the Etzikom Museum and Historical Windmill Centre provides a delightful and educational experience. You can take a tour outside to see the restored windmill examples, and indoors prepare for a pioneering ‘hands-on’ experience. For information visit the city of Foremost’s site: http://www.foremostalberta.com/tourism/etzikom-windmill-museum
- Brooks Corn Maze. Do you want to get lost in a maze or buy fresh produce? Brooks Corn Maze has a solution to both! While it’s only open seasonally, you are able to experience the U-Pick Raspberries in the summer and pumpkin sales in the fall. This is a great trip for the family! More information here: http://brookscornmaze.com/
Tell us which of these day trips you would like to make & which are your favourites that aren’t listed in the comments below!